Welcome to IT Support at Queen’s College, Oxford
Every college in Oxford has an IT Office – Queen’s is no exception. We look after all ICT equipment within College and can offer help and advice on IT matters. If you have any problems or queries regarding your computer whilst at Queen’s you can come and talk to us. We will do our best to try and help.
When you first get to Oxford you are bombarded with information so to help with the IT side of things you can use this page as a checklist so you don’t forget anything.
1. Oxford User Accounts – you can activate these accounts BEFORE getting to Oxford.
- OXFORD Single Sign-On (SSO) – used for email and many many other services
- REMOTE ACCESS – used for Eduroan wireless and VPN
2. Get your computer and smartphone connected to the Internet
- VPN from home
- Internet access at Oxley-Wright and Venneit Close (Graduate accommodation only)
4. Everything you wanted to know about Oxford email
14. Update your skills
- Molly – IT Learning Centre’s collection of online courses and resources
16. Looking for a new computer or tablet?
- Apple provide Higher Education discounts for their products via their HE portal – UNiDAYS
- XMA also has a portal for Apple and Microsoft products (sometimes a bit cheaper than UNiDAYS) – theEDUstore